I was just listening in on the kids talking and it is so hilarious. I had been sweeping the kitchen and moved the kitchen chairs out to the living room, so thatlineup of chairs became a train to Africa. I tried to type as they were talking but didn't catch all the myriad things they decided were or were not found in Africa, but here is a sampling:
"J:they have bowls, but they don't have a clock. And they never ever never have a compass.
B: Noooo, they don't have compasses.
J: Africa dosn't have microwaves. And they don't go to stores, or if they do it takes a long long time to get there.
B:They don't have Gerber Graduates!
J: No. And they don't have babies.
B: They have babies!
J: They don't have stoves.
B: I think they have those fireplaces where you can take sticks and make a fire and ...
J: (interrupting) Africa doesn't have Christmas. They don't have presents from Santa.
B: Ummm, I they don't have Chistms in our way, but they have Christmas in a different way.
J: Excuse me Barbara... (trying to interject)
B: Jimmy, le's talk about something else. Do you know aout Israel? They have different Christmas than ours. They have 8 candles lit. Know why they have 8 candles? Some like bad guys or somehing ruined their whole town, and the next day when they figured out they only had a tiny bit of oil,., and someone said the oil would only last one day. But it lasted for 8 days . That was a miracle! And um then on the next day, the 9th day, someone said, "I found oil! And so that's how they celebrate their Christmas. They light 8 candles.
J: In Africa it doesn't snow, right Barbara?
B: Right, it doens't snow in Africa.
J: And in TX doesn't snow.
B: Well I think it does snow in TX sometimes
J: Well I'm glad it snows here but it doesn't snow in TX. (Comes to find me) Right mommy, does it never snow in TX?
J: Excuse me Barbara, but in Africa, they don't have toilet paper. Takes the pack of tp and starts playing with it- -the tower of leaning toilet paper! I love toilet paper!
I'll stop there, but their imagination games and conversations are non-stop ALL the time! It's pretty funny.
1 comment:
Those kids crack me up...
Post a Comment