Monday, February 9, 2009

Food for Thought

At Mrs. WOlfe's discussion group on Familiaris COnsortio last Thursday, she said something very interesting.

Earlier on in her marriage she was asking advice or complaining to a priest about her husband's lack of attention, etc. The priests response was that perhaps whatever complaints she had against her husband were actually a mirror image of how she had been treating God lately.

I have never heard that, but it seems to really be true! For example, I complain that R chooses to spend his free time in front of the computer or TV instead of with me, but how much of my "free" time do I spend in prayer or with God? Or do I turn to the computer or projects? Very insightful...

I listed out all of my "grievances" and sure enough, they could ALL be applied quite easily to me and my spiritual life as well.

No comments: