Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Pregnancy Test
This morning I was feeling nauseous again and threw up a little. I also have not had my period for quite a while. So of course, the question of pregnancy came up in my mind. But I have been down this road before with the whole insulin resistance, exhaustion, metformin, PCOS having caused these symptoms before - where I was convinced I must be pregnant but really wasn't. Anyhow, I just couldn't get past the whole throwing up, because it has been starting to happen frequently lately. I just wanted to take a pregnancy test and KNOW. So I texted Maggie, to see if she could get me one. I have all 3 kids plus Adriana today and didn't really want to drag them all in with me to purchase a pregnancy test! Maggie said she would bring one tomorrow after work & chiropracter. Well, I was too antsy, so while the older kids were at swimming lessons at Fox Brook, I called Robbie and told him my thoughts. He told me to just stop worrying and wait for my period. ( He had gotten a little overkill from my past history of purchasing test after test when I was SURE i was pregnant) So then I tried my Mom, and she came through, and had even dropped a test off in my side door before we got back from swimming lessons. The kids came in and got their lunch boxes out and started having lunch, so I snuck into the bathroom with my test, and I didn't even have to wait the full 2 minutes to see that positive sign show up clear as day on the test stick!!!! I couldn't and still can't exactly process it yet. It was just so unexpected!! I am still trying to digest the news, and trying to figure out HOW pregnant I am- I have no idea! WOW. Mrs. Wolfe said in our Familiaris Consortio group that each new baby is like a job promotion - sometimes you are actively seeking that new position, and other times you are just promoted!! So I am happy and blessed that my job performance is somehow (by the grace of God ONLY!) enough to earn this promotion! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment