Friday, September 28, 2012

Sweetness of Sam

When I posted about our Marian Consecration, I told you I had noticed some differences in myself, Robbie and the kids.  One of the most beautiful to see has been Sammy's growing love for Mary and Jesus.  While he has overall just really been maturing and growing, I think that Mary's influence has had a particular effect on him as well.

A couple examples of this- Several weeks ago, I had a flare-up of anxiety.  I was crying to Robbie one evening as a result of it, and Sammy came in the room.  When he saw I was crying he ran to the dining room and then came back in holding our olive wood statue of Mary.  He gave it to me and said," here Mommy, Mary will make you feel all better! Mary will take care of you!"  Talk about heart melting and a powerful reminder of a deep truth!  Then Robbie was the one with tears in his eyes, and he said, "That has got to be the sweetest most beautiful thing I have ever seen!" He told me that that alone should stop my worries and anxieties that I am not doing a good enough job.  It's so true- I can never do a "good enough" job raising these kids, but Mary sure can if I turn to her!  She's got "raising the Son of God" on her credentials as a mother! :)

Not to make you think I am super depressed or something- I just go through these anxiety bouts and they pass over like waves and then I am fine again- really! It's just something I have to go through periodically if I want to choose to deal with anxiety meds-free-  but the second example also involves me crying.  I was driving out to confession the next day and crying again (lol)  Well Sammy pipes up again, "Mary and Jesus will make you feel better Mommy!" and when I say Oh Sammy that is so sweet of you, he responds, "No I don't say it, Mary say that to you."  HOLY COW.  Chills.

We've also been trying to go get the key and stop into Church to make a visit after school a few days a week, and Sammy says some really funny and sweet things about that too.  He'll ask me, "Are we going to go see your friend Jesus Mommy?" and also, he says "Jesus is maybe sad because he's all alone in there.  I gonna sing him a song so he feels happy"  Then he proceeds to sing a song about bombs and explosions-  hahaha!  I said, well Sammy I'm pretty sure that made Jesus smile!   After school on the playground he saw his friend Tommy crying so he went over and started to sing random songs to Tommy to make him feel better.  I think Tommy did stop crying long enough to look up and wonder, what in the heck is this kids singing at me for!?  Hahaha

Oh sweetie Sam.  He is a real piece of work, that kid!!! I'm so glad Mary is taking him under her wing!


 

1 comment:

Krissy A. said...

Aw, now I'm tearing up!!! What a sweetie pie!!!