This morning i may have had a little crying anxiety fit brought on by sleep deprivation and feeling not so great and having WAY to much to get done. A lens had gotten popped out of Barbara's glasses rims with the rim snapped, and NO ONE could find it anywhere.
I was determined not to let the devil get the best of me and dissuade me from getting to school Mass and we had made it- I was pushing the stroller in with Leo at my side but Barbara was lagging behind back at the car.
Finally she came in the doors and she was crying holding up a broken backpack spilling forth heavy books and papers. Barbara RARELY ever cries. Turns out she was embarrassed to have to wear her sports goggles (well yeah but they're the only backup we had but I totally don't blame her!) to school and the broken backpack was the clincher. She asked through her tears can you just take me home??
So I did. Along the way we formulated a new plan. 1. Set up an appointment for ASAP at the eyeglasses store to get an exam and new glasses. 2. Do a thorough scouring of the room to find the lens so we could pop it back in and we'd have something for her to wear besides the goggles until the new glasses arrive. 3. Get an old but still sturdy Colombia backpack from the basement and cut owls from her owl fabric and affix them to the backpack with badge magic to jazz it up. 4. Go to eye exam appt.
Even though i still had tons more to do in the afternoon, All in all it was a nice morning with my daughter who is growing up too quickly. I was sad we missed her getting a high honors and goal achieving person award at the ceremony after Mass, but she didn't even care about it. She was really happy to revamp the backpack while playing her Wicked musical sings with me and to pick out new glasses. Afterwards I brought her back to school around 11 so she'd still be eligible to play in her basketball tournament tonight. Love this girl!!
It's now the evening, made muffins gor moms group, we had school pickup, back out to basketball game, home again, Jimmy off to HIS basketball practice, I'm desperately trying to clean the house for moms group while running back in to put Mary's paci back in and roll her back out of the corner (her new bedtime routine involves several round of this and then she's out but today she is way overtired from all the screaming at the basketball game ) and Robbie is thankfully bathing the little boys who are overdue for a scrubbing. I'm seriously exhausted. I want my friends with more kids than me to give me some pointers and motivational speeches! Maybe they would also tell me to get off blogger then! :) truth is I need a little moment of escapism. What a REALLY need is some Adoration time but that has been elusive too. I tried to publish this earlier but it didn't publish so I came back to vent. :) ok off to put that paci back in, hoping its the last time!!



2 comments:
Ok I just sat down to hold her to sleep and she is smiling up at me so cute. I hope I don't fall asleep!
Post a Comment