I will admit, I LOVE gadgets. Not necessarily electronic, but things that make certain day to day processes simpler. While I don't want to fall into the trap of thinking along the lines of "Oh! If I buy this, my life will be so much better/easier", there are a few of these things which really do make things a whole lot simpler and free up my time and energy. I mean, who really wants to go back to the days where people had to spend all day beating out the rugs or hand washing the dirty clothes? The vacuum and washing machine are obvious ones, but here are some of my favorite not so obvious ones:
1. The microwave egg boiler. Mine is is the micro right now, prompting me to write this post. I usually have a hard boiled egg once a day, and the kids like to share one sometimes too. This little guy cooks up 4 perfectly hard-boiled, easy to peel eggs in 6 minutes, no fuss. I found mine on clearance at Target for $3.50.
2. The Hamilton beach personal blender Since I also have a protein smoothie every day, this is another every single day use product for me. It crushes ice and blends big frozen strawberries perfectly, unlike my old Kitchenaid blender. After blending, you simply remove the cup and insert your straw into the slideback opening on the travel lid. The only washing is your cup and lid when you're done with your smoothie. This was also ideal when I was working as I could easily make my smoothie in the morning and bring it to work with me. It's equally as handy now, whether to carry around the house or whereever we need to go that morning.
3. The HOOVER FLOORMATE I should have put this as #1, because I love it so much. I should get a commission from Hoover because I've raved about it so much to my friends that at least 5 people I know have bought one as well! Having all hard floors on the first level, and soon to be 3 kids, this baby gets a lot of use. The best thing of all is that it actually sucks up the dirty water instead of pushing it around your floor like a mop. It is so disgusting yet edifying to dump out that tank of filthy water!
4. hp all in one printer. We got one refurbished a while back, and the copier feature especially is indispensable. With all the tutoring I do, and also for things with the kids or just paperwork that we need a copy of, it is very useful. I can't imagine having to run somewhere (with the kids) to pay 5 or 10 cents or however much it costs now for copies.
5. The Ped Egg. Just kidding! I do NOT have this, yet. My feet are actually pretty soft so I see no need to grate them with a cheese grater. I have been thinking about getting it for RObbs, though. :) The commercial for this product makes me want to vomit- I for sure would have a few months ago had I seen it. Nevertheless, this product gets rave reviews and seems to be a huge seller in stores.
Those are the top five that come to mind. I'd love to hear about YOUR favorite gadgets. Robbs, I promise not to run out and get them (all). :)
3 comments:
EEWWWWW.
Ped-Egg. Barf.
Here are my top 5 gadgets:
#5: nose hair trim. don't need it that often (thank goodness), but what a great invention!
#4: shoehorn. It's hard getting your feet into really solid dress shoes. and your finger doesn't really work that well.
#3: programmable thermostat. where would I be without this one. Wow, what a lifesaver and great energy conservation tool!! I feel like an honoray member of Greenpeace with these in my home.
#2: twist off caps on beer bottles. Jonathan might argue that real beer has caps that have to be plied off with a bottle opener, but au contrair (sp?), this really comes in handy when your thirst must be quenched IMMEDIATELY!!
#1: TV remote control. to be able to switch between baseball, basketball, football, biggest loser and other shows where the actors/contestants are having to work out/exercise and you don't have to even get up and potentially put down your ice cream, pretzels or beer, that is what America is all about!!!
Robbs
Oh my goodness... I don't even recognize Robbie in writing...
Post a Comment