Are you amazed that I am posting two times in one day AND I posted yesterday? How is this possible? WELL, Barbara is off school today. I of course prepared to take them both to the library, and had an art project all ready to do. But I neglected to take into account how HAPPY the two of them are to just PLAY together, ALL DAY long! At first I was trying to pressure them to get ready so we could go to the library, adnd then I thought what am I doing? They were perfectly content and absorbed in their little imagination games together. It's more because I get bored sometimes that I have to always be doing something, and it drives me crazy to have expansive unplanned time on my hands. It's also not the kind of time I can use to work on my hobbies, like painting, because that requires total immersion, and it's not something I can jump in and out of easily like I need to with the kids around.
I don't know why I can't just enjoy days like this instead of feeling like I'm going to go crazy, because most days I'm complaining I have too much to get done and too many things on my plate. It's like I keep saying yes to everything because I want to avoid the boring days like today.
Anyhow, I have to leave now anyhow to teach Spanish and then come home and make dinner and leave again to tutor, so I should have just been happy to have a quiet, unproductive morning knowing I'd be busy later!
1 comment:
barbara and jimmy are the coolest little people on the planet. ps. i've started a nanny job and I"m trying to think of fun things to do with the kid during the day...any suggestions? The boy is 2 and the other girl is just a baby...
Post a Comment