Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our Dinners Out These Days

In honor of Robbie having an EXCELLENT day of business at work, he offered us OUT for dinner to a real restaurant, that is if you can call this particular Applebees a real restaurant; it had the atmosphere of a morgue and the food of one too. Anyhow, the kids' favorite restaurant is "the Apple restaurant" I think because of the logo, and because they are only really comparing it to Boston Market or McDonalds or Jimmy Johns. We don't eat out much! Another mitigating factor in our choice is that I have started doing Weight Watchers and they have WW meals there with "points" values right on the menu.

For our big dinner out, we chose to go to a freestanding Applebees instead of the bustling one at the mall where there is no parking and it is not as family friendly . Well this one was definitely less busy to say the least! We are stuck in a booth where the benches were so close to the table that Robbie and I literally were pinned in and could hardly lift our arms up. Poor Robbie was trying to hold Samuel and eat at the same time but he could barely move his free arm. It was the most uncomfortable seating we've ever had!

So here is a snippet of one of our conversations:

Jimmy: What's the smallest thing in the whole world?
Liz: I don't know, what do you think?
Robbie: I know, Mommy's brain!
Liz: Ha ha. No, I know, it's Daddy's ahem (I literally cleared my throat, I didn't say a real word, don't worry)

Luckily the kids were already talking again about what is the biggest thing in the world so they didn't hear and then ask me for clarification.

:) Our dinner discussions have really devolved, n'est-ce pas Robbie???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to also post what Jimmy said about the Apple restaurant. love you, Robbs

mags said...

You guys are terrible...

But thanks for letting me take over your basement for my laundry session! That was MUCH needed...