Yabba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba dum......
No, my question is this: If you (and your real or future spouse) were rich, and had young adult children, would you want to provide for them somehow, and if so in what way? Is there a good way to do this without ruining your kids or making them of weaker character? It seems like even mature, moral and otherwie responsible adults can be very irresponsible when given free money.
I hear the stories of Robbie's older co-workers and how they sheepishly admit to helping out their young adult children, who go on vacation and write bad checks, then have Daddy wire money back in to their accounts. They have the nice cars, like my uber rich high school friend Danielle. I remember her taking out her Dad's Lexus before we turned 16. They bought her a nice new Jeep for her 16th birthday, which she promptly crashed up, so they bought her a new SUV. She really learned her lesson. Actually, I think she got in an accident with that one too.
Of course, I asked Robbie what he thought about this, and his response was that he'd love to have this dilemma to deal with.
1 comment:
Yeah, seriously.
I'm still trying to figure out how many months (years?? haha) it's going to take me to save up for textbooks AND new tires. Sink or swim, kiddles. But no floating. I grow weary of the Peter Pan's in the world (myself included).
But speaking of money and saving and whatnot, one of my peeps (haha) at work told me about this class on managing your finances that the library gives. I'm totally checking it out. And dragging Mattface with me.
Post a Comment