Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to School

The process of "back to school" is quite grueling for parents, actually. And quite expensive. Despite having purchased, sorted and labeled apacked up two separate sets of school supplies for my two little scholars, before our trip to MA, today's supply drop-off and orientationstill sent me scurrying to two different big chain stores to find gym shoes that fit (they've been living in crocs all summer), water bottles, and uniform pants among other household needs.

Tonight we have a huge manila envelope busting forth with all sorts of forms to fill out and sign. Should take at least a half hour to an hour to complete.

I also performed a dry run this morning of my new morning routine which now involves a half hour on the treadmill, nursing and pumping, feeding two other kids and dressing all 3, ot to mention shower and dress myself.

I'm pleased to say we pulled into the school parking lot just before 8, schlepping a big wagon full of their school supplies, stroller and diaper bag. have to say, having the third one has forced me to allow Barbara to grow up a lot. Yeterday she made peanut butter sandwiches for herself and Jimmy and even cleaned up after herslf, so that I could nurse Sammy - excuse me as I return from wiping up the warm spit up slop that Sammy just deposited onto my arm, leg and down into my shoe as I was typing on-handedly - and today she had to pull the wagon into school for me.

No comments: