Friday, August 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We're back from our week long sojourn across the country for Thad's first vows as a Marian ceremony. Sojourn is a more appropriate term than vacation, I would say, given the amount of driving with three young children that we undertook. They were very good, all things considered, and even complied with 2 two hour long Masses and two shorter Masses in the 6 day trip. We did intersperse the hours of travel with visits to Naigara Falls, the Hershey Chocolate Factory, the Statue of Liberty, and Great Grandma's Assisted Living facility. The latter evidently had such good toys that upon arriving back in MKE, Jimmy requested that after we "do some sings (things)" at our house, we turn around and drive back to Great Grandma's house so he could play with her stuffed turtle again.

Jimmy also thought that every time we went to a new hotel or stayed at another house that we were going to be moving in and living there forever. The first hotel we stopped at he proclaimed, "Well, we're out of our old house now!" I think one of the kids' favorite parts of the trip was getting to stay in hotels and laying in their bed to watch the "Olyptics". Barbara was watching one time and yelled out, "Muna Le"!! before the name came up. Robbie and I just looked at each other.

I have a lot of deep thoughts that I've been swimming in inside my head since the trip, but they're still to shapeless yet to attempt to share. So this is all you get for now.

I've got too much laundry, grocery shopping, birthday presents to buy and wrap, food to make for a picnic, and back to school preparations. And playgroup at 10.

1 comment:

Kay Pea said...

Who is Muna Le? Well, just think in a few years, you could dress Barbara in a tight glitter suit and put way too much eye makeup on her and make her tumble around for medals? Is 10 too young?