Lets just say these things are a lesson in extreme focus and patience. I felt in almost a zenlike state at one point, hunched over at the plastic picnic table,placing the beads carefully one by one , while Jimmy would dig through the bowl of beads and pick out the color I then needed, using a pair of plastic tweezers. Meanwhile, Barbara worked singlemindedly on her own perler project and Sammy slurped lustily away on his pacifier.
It was a little microcosm of life. We are all different tiny little beads, seemingly insignificant in our own right, but each crucial to the formation of a whole, chosen specifically for our color and placed purposefully into the whole which eventually melded together by extreme heat, like the shared burning pain of humanity.
And then there is the analogy of the beads toeach moment, or action, or piece of our own lives. Slowly with time we piece together a whole, and those with foresight and faith in a finality to their lifes project create a beautiful coherent finished product, not just a mass of randomly placed beads.
I hope you've realized I was being facetious with my analogies, although they actually kind of do work well!
Here's what we had to show for our time:
3 comments:
wow, deep, real deep...
Did you make the parrot?
I LOVED perler beads!!! Sometimes I wish Noah was more immature and I had the nerve to try and talk him into purposeless artsy craftsy stuff. SO much cooler than adult time-sucks; I'd take a perler bead date over a movie night ANY day.
Post a Comment