Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lighthouse Quotes

I made this really neat 3-D lighthouse for one of my education classes, with photos and quotes and things collaged on. I have been holding on to this project for quite some time, but in the spirit of the massive purging we've been undertaking in the basement (since the furnace repair project knocked out all of our under-stairway storage that had been housing a lot of built up junk.) I have decided to blog a couple of the quotes I liked and get rid of it. I may cut off the part that has the school photos of all the kids in my first kindergarten class, I don't know...

First quote is my high school senior quote, from JPII:

"To love is, therefore,essentially to give oneself to others. Far from beng an instinctive inclination, love is a conscious decision of the will t go towards others. To be able to love truly, it is necessary to do so gratuitously, to love to the end. This disposession of oneself - a long and demanding task - is exhausting and exalting. It is the source of balance. It is the secret of happiness."


WOW, that one is enough in itself. That's one you need to keep going back to.

Here's one from Tuesdays with Morrie:

"So any people walk around with a meaningless life. they seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing thngs they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to lving othes, devote yourself to the community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning. I knew he was right."

No comments: