Monday, January 16, 2012

Wall Mural take 2

My friend Krissy gave me a wonderful Christmas gift, probably the best gift ever. She offered to babysit for my little guys all day so that Barbara and I could finally work on the wall mural that had been put on the back burner since we painted over Noah's Ark 2 years ago. BB chose some of her favorite book characters from over the years to depict on her wall, as well as the quote, "...The world was hers for the reading" from "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" (no, she hasn't read that yet!) :) It was really an awesome experience drawing and painting something on this scale with my daughter. She did a lot of the sketches herself, which is a little insane to me, because I am realizing that she is definitely bound to surpass my artistic abilities if our drawing are nearly interchangeable when she is nine! Even though Robbie and I are going to be removing her book lamp this weekend because of too many late night reading infractions, I DO hope she still continues to be inspired by books and reading for life! :)











































Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Holly Rutchik said...

Wow! Amazing. You both have such a gift. I can't wait to hear about how she continues to use it. Have you thought about writing a book together and doing the pictures? That would be amazing.
Go Krissy for taking the kids! Awesome! Best gift, EVER.