So anyhow, I started with Jessica's idea on Shower of Roses. I made something similar and then covered it with clear contact. I made the windsock out of a 12 x 18 piece of red construction paper, and also glued on the printer friendly version of the lists of 7 fruits and 12 gifts linked above. And put a strip of stick on velcro along the edge. I happen to keep sticky velcro and sticky magnets always on hand for craft projects. But if you don't it's easy to pick up at Jo-Anns or Walmart or Office Max. Oh and same goes for clear contact paper. I always have a roll for things that are too big to laminate in my craft laminator.
Then I found some yellow and white rick rack ribbon I had with our sewing stuff (Jessica's ribbon looks REALLY neat but I wanted to use what I have on hand) I printed the pdf file shared on Shower of Roses blog with the gifts of the Holy Spirit onto red construction paper (hand trimmed to fit in printer) and laminated them. I punched a hole and tied the ribbon onto the gift/teardrop and on the other end of the ribbon put more sticky velcro. And put the corresponding sticky velcro along the bottom of the inside of the windsock, so we can stick on the ribbons with the Gifts of the Spirit.
Here it is hanging up with all the Gifts attached.
Up close on the back I printed the info to teach/learn.
Then I took the windsock back down and unvelcroed all the "Gifts" and put each one in a white lunch bag/gift bag with bows on the front to be the "Gifts" - Yep those are leftover from Christmas as you will notice with the red and green theme. :) Hey, Birthday of Jesus, Birthday of the Church - it all ties in, right?! I am going to put these out on the "mantel" tonight and in the morning we can open them in order and go through what all the gifts mean and hang them up on the windsock!
Below is a blurry picture of the windsock unfolded, for storage. :)
Tonight after we finally play Monopoly with Jimmy (he's been waiting ALLLL day) then I am going to make a Birthday Cake (from a mix) to celebrate the Birthday of our Church as well. As much as I also love the idea of a 12 Fruits of the Holy Spirit fruit salad, it is just not in the budget this week! :) Happy Pentecost to you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment