I'm not exactly up to date on documenting things on here, in particular the story of the Consecration to Mary that Robbie and I recently made. Perhaps I can find time to catch up on that this summer.
In the meanwhile, I wanted to enter in this very funny writing journal Jimmy brought home from school for the end of the year. Today was our last day! I wish we could have celebrated with our friends who were also finishing up but alas we were still in one last day the same time that they were having the celebration. :)
Instead of scanning in the pages, I'm going to type in the writing prompts followed by Jimmy's responses. Some of them made me laugh out loud. He is so logical and straightforward, in contrast to Barbara's thoughtful and detailed writing style! :)
2nd Grade Writing Journal - Quarter 2
The most interesting person I have ever met is...
Jordan Taylor of the Wisconsin Badgers Basketball team. I was at the Kohl Center in Madison, Wisconsin. I was with my Grandbob, Nana Caitlin, dad, and sister. We were playing Lightning with some other kids. I got out first.
In November, I enjoy...
Thanksgiving because I get to go to A.J.'s house.
I can't imagine living without...
my friends Gus, DJ, Ryan, Michael and Jacob. (Gee thanks Jimmy- lol!)
My favorite holiday is...
Christmas because it is Jesus' Birthday and I get to go to my Aunt Linda's house.
I feel special because...
my last name is a compound word.
If I found a wallet full of money I would...
leave the wallet and ask my mom and dad if I could donate it to the poor.
If I were President...
I would not let anybody do abortion. If anyone did abortion send them to court.
The funniest person I know is...
myself. I don't know why but I think I am really funny.
I get in trouble at home when I...
hurt my brother Sam. When I talk mean. When I don't clean my room.
I like it best when the weather is...
cold. I like it because I get to build things from snow.
When I am sick...
I don't go to school. I also have to stay in my bed.
If I could be any animal, I would be...
a thorny devil lizard because a thorny devil lizard has thorns all over it.
The most important rule at school is...
The most important rule at school is hands to yourself.
Reading is important because...
when you have a report, you are going to collect facts by reading books.
When I have trouble sleeping I usually...
close my eyes and go to sleep.
If I could fly...
I would fly very high and I would look down at the ground.
My favorite teacher is...
Ms. Meier because she is my teacher right now.
My favorite Bible story is...
when Jesus fed the 5000.
One wish I have for the new year is...
that I can be nice to everybody.
Winter is a wonderful season because...
I get to go sledding and wipe out and get snow all over me and I get to have a snowball fight against my Dad and get him covered in lots of snow and I get covered in lots of snow.
I would love to meet...
Zach Greinke and Ryan Braun in person. I would love to meet them because they are my favorite Brewers players. I would ask them about the Brewers, about offense, defense, and what it is like to be a Major League player.
The worst thing I ever did was...
be mean to my friends.
I want to talk to the principal about...
the rule, "you can't say you can't play" because it is not working.
If I could live in space...
I would just visit space.
If I were a veterinarian...
I would only take care of reptiles because no one does and I really like them.
If my teacher Ms. Meier was my parent, I think...
I would stay and help her out at school and I would also be in charge when she is away.
Another thing they brought home was something they had written for a book called "Advice to NEW 2nd graders" for the kids coming in next year. I found this amusing to read when Jimmy brought his home at the beginning of the year. Here is what he wrote:
Dear new 2nd Graders,
We are telling you some advice on 2nd grade.
1. You should not stand while eating snack, because snacks fall on the floor and ants come, and you will get a lap.
2. You should always bring snack because lots of people forget and you will be hungry.
3. You should not copy because then you are not learning so in 3rd grade you will get lots of things wrong.
Now I am telling you things you should not do.
Do not say easy because it might be hard for other people.
Do not eat snack when it isn't snack time because then you wouldn't have any when it is snack.
Do not go to the bathroom when you don't ask because then Ms. Meier wouldn't know where you are.
There are about a billion fun things in 2nd grade. My favorite experiences in 2nd grade were going to the planetarium and hatching butterflies because the butterflies were ones that don't live long.
The thing I liked most about 2nd grade was getting postcards because we got them from all over the world.
I hope you're not sick because 2nd grade is the best grade ever.
Sincerely,
Jimmy Allbright
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment