Maybe this is sad about me, but I've found that technology has REALLY helped me punctuate my day with prayer! There are so many great apps and aides out there that have really helped me- maybe you don't have a smartphone, but instead of apps perhaps audio CD's or an ipod with mp3 files would be another option:
Here are my personal favorites:
1. iMissal app with the daily Mass readings and an audio option, so you can play the reading aloud while/instead of reading them.
2. Angelus app,
3. Divine Mercy app- the chaplet has an audio option it is perfect for playing in the car on the way to school pickup at the 3 o'clock hour, and
4. Saint of the Day app to play a short blurb about the Saint of the Day for the kids on the way to school (We got a phone charger/transmitter that plugs into the car lighter socket, for $12 on amazon, and you can transmit to play things from your phone over the car radio http://www.amazon.com/Transmitter-Charger-Mount-Compatible-iPhone/dp/B003B1ITFS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1351189055&sr=8-4&keywords=car+iphone+charger+fm%5C )
Also, I have several rosary apps and the rosary on mp3 file to play as I'm doing my housework so I can pray along and still have my hands free. Same thing goes for audio CD's like the Lighthouse Catholic Media ones or other inspirational talks/books on CD- my favorite time to listen is while folding laundry.
I thought i would share these because so often technology can get us off track and distract us but there are also SO many ways it can really be helpful because of how accessible it makes those prayers and reminders right at your fingertips. It has helped me immensely!
Any other ideas or apps to share??
****Some other Catholic apps, sorry I'll just put the names with no links- iPieta, Via Crucis, Laudate, Recordatio, Consecration (Marian Consecration app), RC Calendar, URosary, iRosary, Rosary Deluxe, Family Rosary
Any other ideas or apps to share??
****Some other Catholic apps, sorry I'll just put the names with no links- iPieta, Via Crucis, Laudate, Recordatio, Consecration (Marian Consecration app), RC Calendar, URosary, iRosary, Rosary Deluxe, Family Rosary

2 comments:
I like this post. :) Can I add Fertility Friend as a tangent to your list? It's great for NFP charting!
Love it! a charting app would be SO handy!!
Post a Comment