Thursday, September 6, 2007
Bad Morning!
So I am on my way out the door with the kids to take Barbara to school this morning, pleased that we are perfectly on time, when I notice Barbara has a bright yellow smear under her nose and on her shirt. "What in the world were you eating?" I ask her as I rub and rub at it with a wet rag to no avail. She has no clue what I'm talking about and wants to go look in the mirror. Finally we realize it is flower pollen from the floral arrangement Robbie got me for my birthday that Barbara was playing with this morning. It doesn't look too bad in the dimly lit kitchen (the lights were already off to go), so we head out. As I grab my purse, I realize that my wallet and cell phone are still in Robbie's glove compartment from last night's Brewers game. Curses! My mood is worsening as I quickly call Robbie to let him know and then grab my big bag of stuff to laminate (see other post about the free lamination at Office Max!) my purse with no wallet, keys, and go. Once outside I see that Barbara is skipping obliviously to the garage with no backpack or lunch bag, so we make a quick run back inside to retreive said items. The entire car ride, Barbara whined and complained because "Jimmy is not a good sharer. He doesn't share his things all the time!" Jimmy finally forked over the book he was reading that she wanted and then proceeded to cry because "Barbara always grabs my book!" always. right. So we got to school and as I went to unbuckle Jimmy I saw he'd peed himself. Luckily I grabbed my purse which had a spare shorts and undies for him "just in case", so I quickly changed him and wrapped the offending clothing in a plastic sack. We ran over to get Barbara in line and the Mom of the new girl, who I'm trying to impress because she lives only 4 blocks from us, is clearly not impressed at all as she stares with what looks like a mixture of disgust and confusion at Barbara's face and shirt (which now that we are in the sunlight is actually so bright as to be nearly flourescent) and then glances over at me dressed in a T-shirt, sports shorts and tennies while she is dressed in sharp business attire. (I usually dress decent for a SAHM, but I need to run on the treadmill this morning) Clearly not impressive. Once I hastily explain the staining yellow pollen to her teacher Jimmy and I hop back in the car. I forgot to say that my low fuel light had been on since the afternoon before. Since my wallet is in Robbie's car, I have no choice but to scrounge up $2 in quarters and ask the guy at the gas station if I can put $2 on pump 5. He looks at me a little funny, since gas is over $3 a gallon, but once I explain the forlorn wallet and low fuel light he laughs. Jimmy and I drop off the stuff to be laminated at Office max and as I buckle him back in he's shaking his legs. "Do you have to go potty Jimmy? WAIT until we get home!" We sped home as fast as our fumes could carry us, but too late, there was another small spot of pee on the front of his shorts, likely remnants from previous unfinished business. So in we go, new undies, new shorts, car seat cover wrestled off to throw in the wash, and here we are. And it's only 8:45 A.M.! Ciao.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, can I practice peri-care on Jimmy sometime? I need to get comfortable doin' that stuff on men...
what is peri-care? and i am not sure if i want that being practiced on him...
Haha... ummm. Another way you could refer to it is "incontinent care". Basically cleaning up down there after someone does their business all over themself. Changing diapers, for kids. Uncomfortable, for adults.
But in my nurses aide course they have it all spelled out step by step, the order in which you clean what, and how, etc... it's a lot more technical version of the same old ickiness... and I'm going to have to perform it on adults. So right. I need some practice with diapers to numb myself.
Post a Comment