Wednesday, September 26, 2007
There are no more brothers in our house
Well, it's official. Matt's room is now back to the office. Just two weeks before Matt moved in, Thad was living here. So it has been months and months of having one of the kids' Uncles in the house! While I am sad to no longer have the fun anticipation of pulling up to the house and checking to see if Matt's car is there, or the pleasant surprise of another grown up "presence" around the house during the day, I do have to admit it is nice to reclaim that space. We now have mom's red computer armoire for all our computer stuff and 2 of Steve's old shelves so that we now have a complete wall of all the arts and craft stuff. I had that junk jammed into one cabinet that was obtrusively taking up space in the dining room, and our bedroom Cape Cod nooks had become the new home to all of our office stuff. It's been hard on my brain to not have order, and to have illogical and scattered "homes" for all of that stuff. The basement and garage, too, has been piled with Matt tools and boxes and supplies, and as you know we were already at a premium for space. It's nice, too, to not have to worry about wearing a bra down to breakfast, or "reeka reeka reeka" of the bedsprings. (I threw that is just for you Maggie, you perve) :) Ha ha ha . But I do miss Matty, as nonexistent as he was most of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
way to bring sexy back cousin.
Post a Comment