Saturday, May 3, 2008

J'ai fini!




I painted a portrait for the family with 3 young girls who lost the mother to cancer back in December. I only had a really nice photo that the husband had e-mailed out which had the youngest girl in it as well. Well, the other two girls really wanted ones of each of them with their mom, so he asked me to do two more. I have been procrastinating on finishing the two more paintings as life has been so incredibly busy, between teaching and being sick, events and comittments. Also, it is hard to paint when the kids are around, as I need to really "get into" a painting and as such can't really supervise the kids appropriately, and the only time they're not around is when they're in bed and by then I'm usually exhausted and still have to clean up the house, or I'm tutoring in the evening, or have Spanish club, or Mom's Night Outs or other projects to finish.

Anyhow, I decided NOW was the time, since this weekend we are going to a pancake breakfast at the Fire Dept. which is a fundraiser for the girls' educations. Besides, the BABY is coming really really soon and I need to get these done! Barbara had Grandparents Day at school and then Grandma had her most of the rest of the afternoon, so basically I let Jimmy watch TV and play on the computer and I just PAINTED all day. I had already done the sketches and finished most of the first painting. I did also offer to do one of the husband and wife - from their wedding photo, but it is not as urgent as the ones for the girls (who are eagerly awaiting them) and I want to do it in oils, which will take a little longer than watercolors but stays wet so you can work on it little by little.

I posted the paintings and original photos. In the second painting, the mom was undergoing cancer treatments and therefore looks much different. The first photo is when her oldest was a baby, she is now in 2nd grade. I will try to post the last painting that I already did as well...

No comments: