



HATE HATE HATE that stereotype. :) No, that's not me, I just mean that Barbara and Jimmy started playing soccer! I'm so excited. I love that I can say I played college soccer, because I did. Of course the team was not that great and not in a very good division when I started, but I played! Hey. Two a day practices in the August TX heat is nothing to sneer at. :) I have so many great memories of our road trips and inevitable bus breakdowns, like when we were stranded at a truck stop for hours, or dinners at icky cafeteria places like "Golden Corral". Or when the guys from the class up that we were friends with came to watch one of our games and yelled, "Liz Gordon, we came here to see you DRAW BLOOD!" I pretended to be cool and act like I was so into the game I didn't hear them, so they yelled it louder until I acknowledged.
No, but I am excited for Barbara and Jimmy to play and just have fun at it. It's a "soccer clinic" where they learn skills and have scrimmages to prepare for if they play on an actual team in the fall. It was cute! There's a sidewalk track around the fields so it was nice for Robbie and I to be able to walk with Sammy in the stroller around the track while we watched them play. I'll try to post photos of them with their shinguards. Also, check out their nice name brand sporty outfits, all resale shop scores of course.
3 comments:
HAHA. Of course, cousin Katie loves it that they play. And I remember Golden Corral too...even after all these years, the UD staff still hasnt figured out that place is sick and should be shut down by inspectors
That's so awesome... I totally wanna go to the park and kick a ball around with them...
PS: Way to play it cool ;)
You totally should have included a minivan pics with the kids in their gear in it...
Post a Comment