
SO I picked up a booklet of the Baltimore Catechism at the Marian Center today, as I thought it would be a good thing to start going through with the kids and having them memorize the Q & A. I think that rote memorization, in some circumstances, is highly underappreciated. While explanation and exploration are very important components of learning, there are still some "backbone" things that should be memorized, so that you always have those nuggets of truth to snap into your head, no matter what.
Anyhow, at bedtime we started to read a bit, and came to the first few questions. Jimmy really enjoyed answering the questions and did well(he loves quizzes!). But when I asked, "Why did God make us?" and then read the answer, Jimmy bopped himself on the forehead and said "OH! I thought it was going to be because He wanted to see what we would turn out to look like!" LOL Q: Why did God make us?" A: "To see what we would look like"
Too cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment