Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Happy Birthday to a Happy Girl!




Our Barbara turned SEVEN today! I feel nostalgic and a little emotional, (mainly because I am pregnant!)because I just can't believe the time has gone by so quickly.

After a special french toast breakfast, Barbarina spent most of the morning riding up and down the block on her new scooter from mom & day, despite the rain. We went to the grocery store for our "pupcake" supplies, then came home and baked the cupcakes and left them to cool while we met Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Emily, Aunt Becky and Daddy at Murf's for lunch! BB had specifically requested a root beer float, of all things, with her birthday lunch, and apparently, Murf's serves them. So that was fun, and she was excited to open a couple more gifts - a book on Amelia Earheart which she had asked for, and a pink poodle webkin.

We spent ALLL afternoon making the pupcakes. Thank goodness Aunt Emily came over to help! They turned out cute but WOW am I exhausted after putsing over those! It was worth it to see how excited the kids are over them, and they will be a lot of fun for the "pet party" tomorrow.

I made homemade meatballs for Barbara's favorite meal- spaghetti and meatballs - and served it on our good china! I think it's only the SECOND time we've actually gotten the china out!!
We had a relaxing evening hanging out outside with all of the neighbors, and there was a BEAUTIFUL rainbow, which Barbara claimed as her birthday rainbow! I have some photos but I haven't uploaded them yet... I'd better get to cleaning up, the house somehow turns into a wreck when I do these projects!

1 comment:

mags said...

AWESOME pupcakes!! Such great detail! I'm kinda jealous... Same with the pet party, totally cool pics, and great idea!!

You're so creative, Liz!