Friday, October 30, 2009

Exciting Prospect

The Child Ministry formation director called me yesterday and told me about an exciting evangelization effort that St. Joe's is going to be doing (with the Faith in our Future money- yay my print work efforts are going to do some good!). It is a small groups evangelization program, where they find, as she put it, good solid well formed parish members who are truly interested in their faith, to lead small discussions groups on topics of the faith. I was very humbled that she thought of Robbie and I! This would be based off of a program that has mostly been used for Catholic campus ministry, so it's use in a parish would be rather ground breaking. There will be training where we meet together with the other leaders to experience being part of a small group ourselves, and also a 4 hour training to teach skills for leading small group sessions, like what to do if you have a member who just hogs the conversation. :) Things like that. I am super excited about this idea, and hope to be a team with Robbie, since the actual group would begin around Lent and I will have a newborn then. So if we are hosting it at our home I could go off to nurse the baby with Robbie still facilitating, etc. That's the one part I'm nervous about- how it will work with a little baby (and the kids upstairs with Emily??) but if we're meant to do this I'm sure things will all work out. The staff we have now at St. Joe's/St. Mary's in the parish office (the ministry people) are just phenomenal and I am so thankful we have them there!!!

1 comment:

Krissy A. said...

LOVE THIS!!!! And you and Robbie are a big part of why this has been so successful--you guys have so much love for God and the parish--and you let God use you in so many ways!!! Isn't GOD GREAT???