Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Highlights

One of the sad effects of joining facebook,for me,is that now that I can post a short "status update" or photos or whatever and be done with it (and have it be seen by 228 of my closest friends) I rarely find myself wanting to take the time and energy to post on a blog. And I have a hard time wanting to write anything in depth. Sad, I know!

That is not to say that there has not been a ton going on that I have been wanting to document. Alas, I will just jot down some bullet points to get caught up. And hopefully soon i will be able to upload the photos from my new camera using my own laptop- right now I can only get them off on Robbie's, since mine is already so full of photos there is no memory and I need to get an external hard drive or flash drive or something...

- We attended our first Little Flowers meeting, which was great!

- We have been saying a decade of the rosary every day for the month of October

- Robbie and I have had some issues lately, went to a WONDERFUL Catholic marriage conference last Saturday and got SO much out of it, went away feeling refreshed, then got in a tiff the very next day, which was resolved yesterday. Let's just say I now have a dozen gorgeous red roses on my dining room table, and a two page heartfelt letter from my husband which was supposed to have arrived days earlier but just arrived yesterday (unknown cause of much of the tiff!) so i am still in la la land. :)

- Roberto is travelling to TX from this Saturday to next Tuesday. Swine flu should more than have cleared from their systems down there, or so we surely hope!

- I am STILL throwing up and tired and sick. Shouldn't this be done by 5 mos? The other day we were walking out to the garage in the morning, and some dog/animal must have gotten into our yard during the night and left a huge pile of waste. The kids pointed and called out, "Look Mom, POOP!!!" , to which I looked over and spontaneously vomited into the grass. Not pretty.

- Sammy is still the cutest most fun baby in the world! He is really a lot of fun to play with and interact with. Even now when he has about 4 different teeth coming in at once he is still a barrel of laughs!

- Barbara tested at over 6th grade level in spelling/reading with the placement tests they did at the beginning of the school year. She amazes me with the book she is writing, complete with chapters, punctuation, varied expressions and descriptions. It is like a REAL book that could be published! And her drawings - the detail and intuitive understanding of depth/position/ etc is awesome! Sorry if this seems like a bragging mom- I give all the glory to God and pray that he will use her talents to his greater glory. (And it makes me feel anxious that I haven't done enough with my own! I think she will far surpass me though!)

- Jimmy too is an amazing reader, WAY ahead of even where barbara was at his age. I can;t wait until they test his level! He can read basically anything, but still needs quite a bit of work on his writing.

- We had some friends over for the feast of the Holy Rosary Everyone brought a bunch of mini muffins, and I had some bigger muffins which we laid out on the dining room table to be a rosary! Photos will be forthcoming!

- I had my first Mom's book club meeting and was really impressed by the "quality" of the women there. There were a lot of faithful, thoughtful Catholic Moms with a lot to share. Janel and I were definitely the ones with the oldest kids there, but it was still a nice group.

- I LOVE FALL!! We put out our fall decor- a wreath, cornucopia, metal leaves candle holder thingy... I love lighting scented candles as it starts to get cold and grey. Robbie has been buying me pumpkin spice candles lately which makes things smell so homey. I've also been baking a lot more with the kids- pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pies, apple crisp, chili, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, crock pot meals... MMM Hmmm... maybe THAT is why my weight it up so much at my last OB checkups!!

- In a couple weeks we get to see our baby on ultrasound! I REALLY want to know the gender and am trying to think of how I can explain this to my husband?

Enough bullet points for now. I'll have to come back and add in if I think of other things, or just get those darn photos up!

No comments: