I have officially been vaccinated against the seasonal flu AND H1N1!
This was a really tough decision for me, one that I was going back and forth on up until the moment the needle went in, honestly! I have seen compelling reasons and research both ways. It was mainly the strong feeling of both my O.B. and regular Dr. that I should definitely get the shots that won out in the end.
The nurse who called me yesterday and who gave the shots today told me that Dr. Jhansale would be so relieved- the nurse thought she had actually lost sleep over me not getting the shot when I came in to check out my sore throat a couple weeks ago! She was quite visibly upset, and told me that she had JUST given the last 2 flu shots away that day and had she known I was pregnant she would have saved one for me. The nurse said, "I'm glad you came in because that's all I kept hearing about yesterday and I told her I'd make sure you'd be able to get the shots!"
Of course, last night I was up worrying that this whole thing is a hoax, that it has been inflated by the media and that Obama has purposely created a shortage to get everyone worked into a frenzy and maybe this is some weird plot and there will be something in the shots! I mean, I know I have a great imagination, but it didn't help to read that the SAME ideas have surfaced by others, in a news magazine at my Mom's house this morning! Robbie thought I was crazy.
So after getting home from the discussion group with my Mom this afternoon, I called Robbie to tell him I'd gotten the vaccines as planned. When he answered the phone, i said , "MUST. SERVE. OBAMA...." in a trancelike voice. He got a good laugh out of that. :) But just in case I start losing my mind in the coming months...you'll know why!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment