I have to say, though, we are still doing a lot but I fail to give myself any credit or slack sometimes. We've still been going to the park, wading pool and splash pad, zoo, etc. But just not every day, and afternoons are almost always spent at home so we don't lose out on naps.
This afternoon, after a 20 minute "powernap" (which was interrupted only about 20 times by Jimmy and Barbara with questions as they gathered supplies for their projects!) we made the following projects: Barbara searched a recipe book and found a recipe for quick 'n easy cake, which she pretty much baked on her own. And Jimmy got out his library book on "Crafts for kids who are wild about Reptiles" and made a "brown anole puppet" out of an old dish soap bottle and stray brown sock of Robbie's. It is a funny puppet- you squeeze the bottle and a red balloon fills up, to look like the puffed up throat of a male anole! How bizarre... But I heard Jimmy saying about the project, "It was a BLAST!" after he was done. Ha ha
Tonight Robbie and I (and Leo) are going out on a doubledate with some good friends to Theology on Tap. I'm so excited, it should be fun!!
1 comment:
Way to go, girl! I know it's tough to take on more kids, especially when you feel like you're one of the only ones having a big family. It's also hard to admit that you just have to slow down when you have 3 younger kids and a newborn. It's ok to spend the afternoons at home. I do it all the time!! Keeping the older kids busy is tough though. I can't believe BB is baking! Way to go!
I know it seems like having to stay home to let the little ones nap is no fun, but be thankful that they take naps! All four of mine are awake every minute. I feel like I never get a break!!!!!
Keep up the good work and stay cheerful! I've always heard that the first four are the toughest. I wonder if that's true...
Post a Comment