Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's a dirty job....

So we got back from the wading pool, and instead of changing Sammy out of his swim diaper immediately I let him eat his lunch, as he was RAVENOUS and whining and clamboring to eat. BIG mistake! I nursed Leo and got ready to put Sammy up for nap, but as I crossed the living room, my glance caught something odd... There was a big greyish brown smear of something across the throw pillow on our wicker chair. "What the heck is that?" I accidentally wondered aloud. Barbara looked to where my gaze was pointed and answered, "I have NO idea". Apprehensively, I inched closer, only to discover that it was - you guessed it- POOP. Well, all sorts of crazy cleaning ensued as you might imagine. It was quite a trick to get Sam out of his poopy swimdiaper without creating too much more mess and shower him off and then clean/bleach the tub. The pillow cleaned off pretty easily, but I'm going to run it through my new washer on the sanitize cycle to be sure! Now as I write this holding Leo he is loudly filling HIS diaper as well as spitting up on me. It's a dirty job being a mom, but somebody has to do it!!! :)

2 comments:

Holly Rutchik said...

so funny! you (and the kids) will be so happy you wrote this story down some day! It is a classic!

Mary said...

I had a similar "learning experience" yesterday with my 2 year old in a swim diaper: they do NOT have high absorbancy power!!