Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Playroom Redo




I made a few changes in the playroom - it is more like a school room too, complete with the school desk my Aunt gave me from when BA was getting rid of desks this summer. Nothing TOO different- just moved the ABC line up so you can see them all again- can't believe the masking tape is still holding since I put these up when Barbara was 1 or 2!! I brought the toy bins back out- hopefully Sammy can handle it- he is getting better about cleaning up after each activity. He sings his own hilarious version of the clean up song that we've always used (a la Barney I think) It's hard to explain in type, but it goes something like this: "CWEEEAN UP, a tuck-a tuck-CWEAN UP, a tuck- a tuck-CWEAN UP!!" Forget the "everybody do your share" it's all about the tuck-a-tuck-a noises.

Then, I found an awesome days of the week hanging thing at Jo-Ann's on clearance! Usually one uses them for hanging in your closet with the clothing set out for the days of the week (we do use these for that purpose also, just a plain white version up in their rooms) . But THIS nifty one has pockets on the sides , so I am using it to put in tubs/activities for each day, and corresponding papers or pages on the side for Sam to do for "preschool".

I moved the backwards map of the world carpet from the boys room down to this room- I may be getting a huge play carpet from craigslist that has roads for all their trucks and cars- can't decide if that should go in the bedroom, or the playroom/schoolroom- we'll see. Also got a cool map from a friend so we laminated that and put it up. I notice they play nicer when the room is set up nicer... we'll see.

(OH and P.S. It does not stay like this all day!! I have 2 rambunctious boys who like to get out all the toys like normal kids, and 2 older kids who, like their mom, are always getting into new creative projects and abandoning the old ones, so there is always a lot of "creative mess" going on, which I would not trade away! But I do like to reset things to be neat at regualr intervals because it helps my brain stay clear!)

1 comment:

Krissy A. said...

Nice work Liz! This space is awesome! You've been a busy gal!