Well it's been a while... When Blogger changed it's format I noticed a new feature that showed stats on where blog traffic was coming from, and I was weirded out by one of the websites listed as feeding a high amount of traffic to my blog via a link. In any case, I decided to make my blog invite-only for a while or maybe forever. Then I neglected to send out any invites until now. :) I also still don't really know what the purpose of my blogging is, and if I really should even be blogging? I will have to continue to pray about that.
I have not had the time to blog lately. I probably still would have made the time anyhow, but I have been getting lots of headaches again, for stretches of days, and then not- and when that happens if I do have spare time I'm likely to be resting or trying to get rid of a headache. One thing that keeps coming to mind, when I am getting out of a few days bout of headaches is this immense HAPPINESS at being able to do my job fully again. I have truly come to realize what an absolute blessing it is to be able to work and to work hard. I am so grateful for good health!!!!
Despite the headaches for the most part I have been able to keep up with life and I have been doing lots of projects. This time of year, our activities and involvement in things seems to have burgeoned out of control a bit. I feel we need to work on weeding out some extra activities. Luckily, some are coming to a natural close. Robbie is finishing up his three year term on parish council and that alone will free up a lot more evenings and family time. Even if he wanted to keep going straight through (which he doesn't) you are required to take a break from parish council for at least a year so that doesn't even have to be a decision. :) Also, Barbara has her last basketball games on Saturday.
I am starting up a Light Weigh weight loss and Bible study group and I am so very excited for that to get going next week. Today's fasting and abstinence, though difficult, made me excited to be doing this weight loss journey during Lent, and eager to gain peace with food and to be able to look back at the end of Lent and be well into my start of progress.
In the meanwhile, it is LENT, and it is so needed. I will write my next post about our Lenten plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment