I was unwrapping these pictures of the Sacred Heart and Immaculate Heart(love them!) on my bed while Sammy watched. I bought them as an early Fathers Day gift to Robbie to put up in our bedroom. Sam was admiring them and I asked, "Who are these pictures of Sammy?" He answered "Jesus and Mary" of course, and then he said, "It's wike you and Daddy"! Yep! I responded, that's the whole idea- me and Daddy want to be more like Jesus and Mary to each other. I was going to take advantage of this line of conversation and continued to say, "Just like YOU want to be more like Jesus too. Jesus always listened to his Mommy and Daddy, right?" Sammy's response: "Yeah, but I lost my green Jesus costume. " (He used to have a green priest's vestment dress-up from all-Saints that he used to dress up as "Fr. Sammy"- ) "My friend taked it- I need to get it back first" (We lent it out to a friend for her son's costume the next year and had yet to get it back. ) OOOOOHHHH Sam, what funny associations you have in your brain! In order to be more like Jesus, he needed to dress up in a priest's vestment. That should do the trick. If only it were so easy, I'd keep his closet stocked in mini-vestments, right?!

1 comment:
Love it!!! That Sam is destined for something amazing. And I love the prints--they look awesome!
Post a Comment