Wednesday, October 10, 2007
"Mommy, can you wipe my bottom?"
I thought it was funny to hear Jimmy yelling that out from the bathroom today, and to walk in to see him leaning with his forearms on the closed toilet seat, with his pants around his ankles and his tiny bottom facing me, waiting to be wiped. Not exactly the glamorous life, but I love it! I love the giggles it gives me. Especially after having an interview this morning and imagining the working Mom life, hustling Barbara off to school and Jimmy off to Mom's. Yes, it was nice to be on my own, to order a cup of coffee at Starbucks without someone demanding his juice box and cookie he likes to order at "the coffee store". And yes, it was nice to wear my awesome new red high heel shoes( courtesy of a birthday DSW gift card from Chris, Caro & Steve.) I answered the interview questions with as much enthusiasm as I could feign, and although I do love the Spanish language, and I do enjoy teaching it, it pales in comparison to teaching it to my own kids. The more time I spend out tutoring, or teaching, or thinking about jobs, the more I am appreciating and valuing MY job. I am actually going to enjoy cleaning the house this afternoon while Jimmy naps, with some scented candles lit, and Josh Groban in the background. I am enjoying making our home inviting, a safe place to come home to and find comfort. And weird as it sounds, I don't even mind wiping Jimmy's bottom for him, once in a while. Because it means someone else isn't having to do it, someone who doesn't find his bottom quite as endearing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this is truly a great post. i miss hanging out with you guys.
You are truly a wonderful wife!! I love you!
Robbs
Post a Comment