Monday, October 29, 2007

Update on Jobs and "Can it be done?"

Just wanted to say that I did in fact get offered the job I interviewed for with "Futura Language Professionals", although I turned it down for the present. It would have been assignments teaching before and after school Spanish in different schools in the area, and although they did have one after school class immediately available in Elm Grove, most of the jobs would have been for the Spring and subbing positions. I decided instead to fill in for the Spanish teacher's maternity leave for about 4-6 weeks in February/March at Brookfield Academy. I'd rather do something well-paying that is temporary that would help out our savings account with a chunk of cash rather than do something ongoing where we'd start to get used to the additional income, especially since I'm pregnant again and intending to be home with the baby.

It was nice to know that even though I've been out of the job market for over 5 years the things I've been doing to "keep up" my skills have been good enough that I can interview for and get the job I want. It was a good experience just to intervuew again, and because of the nature of their "job" I have an open ended offer I can take up when it works out with my schedule.

After I turned down the after school thing in Elm Grove because it would have been way more work and hassle than it was worth, and hard to work out with picking up Barbara from school & having someone to watch Jimmy, out of the blue one of the parents of a child in my after school class asked if I taught adults, as her husband wants to learn Spanish. She got back to me today, so that will be my third ongoing weekly tutoring job, and it's on Saturday mornings so I won't have to get anyone to babysit as Robbie will be home. I thought that was providential.

I also wanted to post that as far as groceries go, we were able to keep it at just over $200 for the month. That is mostly thanks to the discovery of Aldi's! From a poll on Milwaukeemoms.com I can say that is a very low grocery bill for a family of four. Now if only there was a way to cut our gas bill.

2 comments:

Kay Pea said...

Well, you can always buy a scooter, like Chris...but you would probably have to get a snazzy little sidecar for the kids.
good to see you this weekend!

mags said...

Have you tried watering down your gas a little...? :)

It's kinda like adding a little more water to you Aldi's stew...