Monday, May 5, 2008

Feliz cinco de mayo!

First of all, Happy 13th Birthday Emily!! We had fun having breakfast with you and we are excited to attend your party tonight.

I just got done baking "pan dulce" for the kids in my Spanish class. It's their final class "fiesta" and also cinco de mayo, so instead of driving all the way to an "El Rey" I decided to make them myself. I have the recipe if anyone wants it. :) It took me half the day though with all the dough rising and the separate topping to make and roll out, which stinks because it is GORGEOUS outside. Jimmy and I also stopped at the library to get a movie and book about cinco de mayo for class, and I had to screen the movie and then saw that they had the kids do an art project to make maracas, so I prepared the maracas thing, and then had to print out the recipe to send home and a coloring page of the Mexican flag, and fill out certificates for each kid, and pack it all up. When the pan dulce cools I still need to bag it up in ziplocs. So basically I've spent all morning preparing stuff for this class! And in a half hour it will be time to go! But, oh well, it's the last class!

Coming soon when I have time, a post about Robbie being sweet, a post on a funny Jimmy mystery that we solved, and also one on "the computer diet".

1 comment:

Wanderer said...

Thanks!! Oooh! Write them now, write them NOW!!!!!