Thursday, May 22, 2008

!Feliz "baby shower" !

Last night I had a "surprise" baby shower at Spanish Club. It was so sweet! Last year I had done a presentation for one of the class sessions and we didn't have time to get to the last section I had prepared of it. So a couple weeks ago, Sandra asked me if I would be able to present that last section for last nights class, which I thought was a little odd... Then Jan asked me after class about my husband and if he could maybe help her out with some financial/investment questions, so I gave her his work number. She used it to call and arrange for Robbie and the kids to leave early and be present at the shower too, which was so cute! Robbie made up some story about having free kids meal coupons at the Pewaukee Culvers so he had to leave early. Matt was just back from Spain and had dropped by, so being a former Spanish club member, he and I went for a quick dinner at John's Sandwich shop and then over to club where we were greeted by "Surprise!!"

It was fun to have Robbie and the kids there and we played a Spanish baby items bingo, and opened the gifts. It was really sweet, because normally you don't always get a baby shower for your third baby. They knew we'd have most baby stuff already so they gave ME gift certificates for a salon,a gift basket of lotions and a large amount of cash!, a couple baby toys, BPA free glass baby bottles, and gifts for Barbara and Jimmy too! Robbie remembered the special "Bebe Au Lait" nursing cover I had really wanted and got it for me to give at the shower from him and the kids!

Robbie and the kids left around 8 to get them to bed, and then we had cake and played pin the "panal" on the "bebe"(diaper on the baby) which was funny, and then Spanish boggle.

I just thought it was so kind and even though I kind of figured it out in advance, I was still surprised by all the little details that everyone thought of to make it so special. I feel blessed to have friends and a husband/family who are so welcoming of me and our child.

4 comments:

Invisible Lurker said...

Spanish boggle sounds great! Pin the diaper on the bebe!!!! :)

Wanderer said...

P.S. That post is from me, Em!!!

Wanderer said...

lala

Wanderer said...

Who voted boy?