Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Samuel Joseph!






In honor of today being my actual due date, I thought I would FINALLY post, since little Sammy is now 12 days out of the womb!! There are so many things I want to write, it's just that finding the time and energy is just about impossible right now. So for now I chose a couple of my favorite photos. Oh I just love how completely innocent he is right now! It's like he's still in denial that he is out in the world now. When he does on the rare occasion have his eyes open, it's that amazed and confused and glazed stare that is just so adorable!! I love you little Sammy Sam!

How We Came up With His name:

For a full explanation, I have decided to "reprint" the TMI post from back on September 19th. Although it is very personal, I don't mind sharing it because honestly, I have never been so sure that God was speaking to me and through me as on that day (the 18th).

I have always loved the name Samuel, and the story of God calling to Samuel fit really well with our story.

Here is one quote about the story of Samuel: "Through Samuel, we learn that God's vision and God's calling come to those with obedient and open hearts. God's call doesn't always come when we're expecting it. Samuel certainly wasn't expecting this call from God, and he certainly didn't relish telling Eli what was going to happen to his family. Many times the most exciting possibilities are presented to us during difficult times. Too often, we allow those difficulties to overwhelm us and it interferes with our ability to hear God and seek His direction. The key is in our ability to tune in, listen, and obey as Samuel did. Answering God's call will also require an open heart. In this openness it may bring about some type of transformation or change."

That is exactly what has happened with us. The name Joseph kept coming to me because it means "God adds, God increases, or God always gives more". And he truly has. Robbie had to do a lot of legwork and also renegotiation of pay, but the results of that work were very fruitful and we are at a very different place now financially going forward. Before, we were working very hard but not seeing results. There is a huge difference. We have also had different unexpected checks come in from various things that have helped out. That is undeniably God's hand at work. There is still stress, you can't eliminate that completely. But God IS "adding more". It's pretty amazing to think back to September and that decision, and see Samuel here now in the flesh. He's like a visual reminder every day to keep trusting in God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you sweetie!

Kay Pea said...

YEAH!! welcome to the famiy. can't wait to meet the little Samwise. he is beautiful. many prayers for you and your little fam, liz.