Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bakers Man

I feel sorry for parents and kids who don't a.) don't bake/cook with their kids b.) don't have time to bake/ cook with their kids or c.) want to just get it done by themselves. I think it is such a great thing to do together with your kids, and they learn SO much from it! The pouring and transferring are important skills for toddlers as they learn cause and effect, spacial relations, hand-eye coordination, and there's the other math skills, fractions, addition of fractions, etc., and there's the bonding aspect. I'm sure there are many other great aspects that are not popping to mind- feel free to chime in! :) Here's Sam making cookies with me today and happy because he gets the beater all to himself to lick!



And for your viewing enjoyment, for those of you not on facebook, and for my records, here is how I found Sam, crying and whining that he was "stuck" . Yep, those are Barbara's undies (from the clean laundry!) around his neck. I literally fell asleep folding laundry and watching TV last night and left the pile on the floor instead of putting it up in the basket. See why I need my new system! :)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christine said...

So cute! I love your laundry room ideas. Separating the clothes in different bins is a great idea. I have been trying to force the kids into helping me fold and put away the laundry. If we make a game out of it, it's fun for everyone and really helps reduce the work for me. I can't wait til the girls are old enough to truly "take over" the process though. That will be a great day in my life!