Sunday, January 9, 2011

BB in bball :)




After hearing rave reviews from many school families (St. Joe's doesn't have basketball until 5th grade) , we signed Barbara up for Upward Basketball - a Christian basketball program through Ridgewood Baptist Church. It may not be specifically Catholic, but it is a really great program from what I've seen so far! BB had her first practice today and enjoyed it. She came home with a packet with her uniform, which includes an upward T-shirt for under the jersey for modesty, a card with a scripture verse to learn, a CD with songs for each bible verse and more. There are no "cuts" - all kids make the team, and they are grouped by skill level and take the time to teach the basic skills, as well as include a connection to life lessons with the Bible verses. They have a rotation system so all kids get to play at least half the game and over the season all kids will be able to be starters. I'm looking forward to watching her weekly games and seeing what they learn. I wish I would have known that Jimmy could have signed up too since they start at K5- but there's always next year!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: