Today was a relaxed day: Mass with Robbie and the kids, playgroup at the park, home for lunch and stuff around the house, plans for August birthdays, and another epic afternoon of letting the kids play with the hose in the sandbox. 2nd day in a row of they did this - it is SO incredibly messy but soooo incredibly fun and worth it!! When they were all done they hosed themselves off Then we held up a towel by the back door so they could strip down before coming in the house and heading straight for the bath!!
This evening we had angel food cake with blueberry sauce. The little boys and I made it earlier- it was just a mix from Aldi where you only add water, but it was still so fun because first you beat an egg whites mixture for 5 minutes before adding the flour mixture- I wish I had a picture of their little faces peering over the bowl of the stand mixture while the egg whites foamed higher and higher- too cute. Then we made an easy blueberry sauce with sugar, water, cornstarch and blueberries. It made the topping for our blue and white angel food cake for the Assumption.
I gave Sammy a sticker of Marys assumption from those Dollar Tree sheets we'd stocked up on, and then he ended up having everyone choose their favorite Mary picture sticker We ended with family rosary, and Sam was asleep before it was over.
While Robbie put the little guys to bed I got a chance to explain a little more to BB & J about the Consecration to Mary that Robbie and I did. They really liked hearing about how Mary is the shortcut to Jesus and holiness, and how when we offer her something like our rosary it is like say one flower, and she turns it into a huge bouquet (or even garden!) to then offer to Jesus. They really liked that analogy. Then I was telling him about how lucky we are to have her as our PERFECT mother , and so I asked (rhetorically) Am I perfect? And when they said no.. I laughed and agreed NOOO! Totally not, but thank goodness for our perfect mother Mary to make up for where I lack. And as I was starting to say this, Barbara, after having said no to me being perfect then said, "Well you are kind of perfect- or I mean more perfect than the other moms!". I hesitated to post this but just know that I KNOW this to be absolutely untrue, but I just thought it was so so sweet that SHE thinks I am perfect in her mind as her mom, I want to remember she said that!! Thank you Mary for that moment of blessing because I have been feeling down on myself lately so it was a great exhortation.
All in all, a pretty wonderful Feast day!!! Gracias Maria!
P.S. Don't you love that Mary is photobombing us in this picture?? :) J/k that was intentional!





1 comment:
Soooo cute, and so sweet what Barbara said--you really are the most perfect Mom for each and every one of those little sweet hearts! :)
Post a Comment