Now that I posted about paper organization and my calendar, Barbara and I did a calendar redo project that I have been wanting to figure out for a while! My mom gave me this awesome set if stickers that has the Saint of the day for every day/month with their picture. It's the same set used on Shower of Roses blog and I wanted to copy her and make them into magnets for the calendar. But my wipe off calendar is not magnetic, and the squares are getting small to be able to fit everything. I took a piece of "magic wall" from my basement stash (magic wall is basically a double sided wipe off laminated poster board with a sheet of metal sandwiched inside so it is super magnetic. It's the same thing I used for my Jesse tree and Lenten Bible study calendar). One side of it already had a grid so I did some math, and drew my calendar squares on with Sharpie. I went to Goodwill to find a frame that size to hopefully use without the glass front to hang it up - instead for 2.99 I found this wipe off board with a tray underneath to hold markers EXACTLY the right size! So I attached the magic wall calendar with foam tape and voila! Barbara helped me stick the Saints for August onto sticky magnets- it was a little tricky because the stickers are according to the traditional calendar and I want ours to line up with the Calendar used for daily Mass. So it was a lot of hunting around and it doesn't include more recently canonized Saints do we'll have to think of a way to make them, or just write up the names. I love the extra room I now have and that it is magnetic- we can use magnets for birthdays and holidays and I want to make little B and J magnets to designate cold lunch days!
I also didn't show on my other post our regular mail inbox and "To Show Daddy" file. Today at Dollar Tree I found adorable print file dividers, do the inbox now has a divider for action, file and coupons - the inbox is where mail goes after tossing the junk. To show Daddy is so Robbie gets a chance to go through all their schoolwork with them without the piles driving me crazy - then the kids decide what to toss and what's a real keeper to go in their folders until the end of the year final culling.
Does anyone else go into organizational overdrive at the start of the schoolyear??!! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment