Well this morning I took the kiddos to the library to return a huge barely-liftable bag of books and pick out some new ones. As I was hoisting Leo's carseat out of the car, I hurt my back! Like, serious pain! This is the first time I've pulled something on my back- It makes me feel so old. I hobbled through the library gingerly pushing the double stroller beast (as gingerly as you can heave that thing around tight corners!), and despite my original intent of not getting quite so many this time, we walked out of there with 43 books! I'm surprised the bag didn't break, as many of them were hardcover. That's O.K., I'm sure they will read most of them; those guys go through books like drinking water.
Next, we headed to Grandma's for BB to try on a dress for her role as "junior flowermaid" (a term coined by her and Maggie) in Mags' wedding. It is the dress mom made for Becky to wear in my wedding, but being modified to fit the yellow color scheme and to hide old stains. While there, Mags showed up and asked to take the big kids to the lakefront to the beach!
So this afternoon while the "babies" napped I got soooooo much done around the house and also started to paint Charlotte's web on Barbara's wall- finally!! I hope to make some more progress and post pictures soon! When Sammy woke up he sat on Barbara's window seat and watched all the trucks and "diggers" that are working on our block. He was in heaven. It is already dinner time and Mags called to say they are still having fun and plan to do something else fun downtown after the beach but hadn't decided what. Robbs in on his way home from a client meeting and I am going out (alone) for the first time since Leo's birth for a Moms night in to plan the Mom's group book club. And my house is so nice and clean (for the moment!)
No comments:
Post a Comment