Every fall, there are changes and adjustments, and this year has even more than usual. First of all, after a loooonnngg process over this Spring and Summer, Robbie has accepted a new job as a Financial Advisor at M&I and started yesterday!! This is a HUGE blessing for our family, and without getting into the whole reasons for switching etc, let's just say that the difference in Robbie's psyche and emotional health is already amazing! He came home from his first day of work yesterday just BEAMING, with what I call his "high beams" smile, a smile that I hadn't seen in quite a while, so that was so great. The opportunities and potential for growth that this position brings is just phenomenal, and it seems to be such a great fit for Robbie's personality and strengths so we are very very happy and thankful.
Today was a successful first day back at school for Barbara and Jimmy, but I'm exhausted! I got up at 5 A.M. to jog a mile on the treadmill, shower and get five people (including myself) dressed and read and breakfasted (Leo nursed) to be out the door early at 7:20 so I could drop off Sam at Grandma's and account for all the crazy the construction on Burleigh. Leo and I attended the back to school celebration for families, which included an art project as a family (Gods eyes), a prayer service in Church, and then a speaker. Then we left and the kids continued for a regular school day until 3:10 dismissal. Jimmy was ecstatic and eager to do the "Home from school Routine" I made last year. He went down the list and did everything, even helped pack his lunch and snack for the next day and did his (minimal) homework and "room check'. Whereas Barbara had a bad headache when she got home- I think we have some weird bug b/c I had a headache for 3 or 4 days straight and so has she - and Sam and Leo had a day or two of low grade fever. Weird. She seems much better now after some Childrens Tylenol and a rest and is running around as I try to get her to do her homework. Her personality is so different from Jimmy's!
Tomorrow we start Mom's group, and the Faith Sharing groups will be starting soon again as well.
Now if we could just get some fall weather- my favorite!!!!!
1 comment:
Wow! Congratulations to Robbie! This is wonderful news! I'm so happy and excited for you!
Post a Comment