I saw a friend from college's blog linked on facebook. She does foster care and had some beautiful posts, and there was a link to another blog. This blog was by a woman who is also a physician who teaches NFP and it was about her journey through four miscarriages, one full term birth, and now another pregnancy. On her blog I saw that part of the issues she'd had was that she has PCOS, even though she is thin. (It shows up with blood testing).
Her stories made me think long and hard about how truly blessed I am and have been. ALthough I have not been blessed to escape some of the other embarrassing or troubling effects of PCOS (facial hair, abdominal weight, difficulty losing weight, irregular cycles etc) I have been spared the very worst common effect of PCOS which is tendency to miscarriage (and also trouble conceiving in the first place). My body carried to term four healthy, beautiful babies and for that I am truly, deeply grateful. I don't want to take that for granted, ever.
My heart and prayers go out to all those mothers who have experienced and grieve over miscarriages. And I pray for more grace to always see my blessings in life.
2 comments:
Amen! You really are truly blessed! I am thankful for your family too.:)
Thanks!! Miss seeing you guys! When do you come back?
Also, I should clarify I didn't mean to sounds so "final" in my post - hopefully I am still blessed to have at 'least' 6 beautiful blessings like you!
Post a Comment