These cookies took an inordinate amount of my time this morning to make (all). Barbara had even made the dough for me last night! And they resemble fried eggs more than they do daisies, in my mind! Royal icing is just too hard to control. Also, I forgot to spray the cookie sheets, thinking there was plenty of butter in the dough to grease them, so I don't think they will come off without breaking, especially those tiny stems. So I may send them still on the cookie sheet so they look OK until eaten. :) Secretly, I blame Jessica, of the blog that shall not be named, for 1. making me think you're supposed to match the snack to the Little Flowers virtue/flower theme. 2. Making it appear totally possible and easy to bake perfect looking delicacies all while your baby and toddler play happily or help you place them exactly in rows while sporting perfect little matching aprons. I included the third picture to show what happened to the basement rec room (Sammy happened) where Jimmy and I had just organized the games, and I had nicely folded that laundry last night.
LOL - I find this totally funny and let it be a lesson (to me at least!) I think the girls will still enjoy the fried egg cookies, they are tasty at least!

No comments:
Post a Comment