Thursday, December 2, 2010

The advent of Advent 2010

Eating pumpkin pie while reading the first Jesse tree Bible story. Gotta love Sam crying in the corner. (Who cries about eating pumpkin pie anyhow?)


Our magnetic Jesse tree- drawn with sharpies on a "magic wall" magnetic wipe off board...



Christmas countdown calendar- you open the door and there's a little ornament inside to hang on the tree.



First night lighting the candles- hand rolled by Barbara from a kit Grandma gave us.






Dinner with the advent wreath (Daddy was sick :( )







The basket of Christmas books







Barbara showing the baby Jesus & good deed manger/straws




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine said...

I love all of your advent traditions. The boxes with little ornaments for each day are awesome! And may I add that the dinner on the plates in the picture looks really yummy. I just love green beans!

Wanderer said...

Wow, Barbara looks so pretty and grown up in these!