Sunday, June 12, 2011

...and Stinker Sam

Just when I think Sam's behavior couldn't get any worse or more destructive, he ups the anty on me. Seriously, there seems to be no end to the mishief he gets in and how naughty he can be. His antics are funny after the fact, to tell others, but in the moment so incredibly frustrating!! This afternoon, Sam was supposed to be napping in Barbara's bed (because I don't trust him in the same room with Leo while Leo naps). Well, he came down to say "I dirty!" because he was COVERED in purple nail polish.

It gets worse, because Barbara's carpet and rainbow bedspread are also covered in purple nail polish. The nail polish was inside a basket on a shelf in Barbara's room. My stomach sank when I saw the bedspread in particular. I had saved up my own tutoring money to buy that matching rainbow bedspread and pillow set for Barbara. Waaaa!

I am going to buy some cheap hairspray when we go out (oh I had some but Sam got into that during another naptime episode when he was suppposed to be napping in my bedroom and he sprayed the entire can of hairspray out onto my down comforter and his hair - and to save money b/c laundering down comforters is super pricey I tried to wash it on gentle and now it leaks feathers constantly- AAARGGH!!) and try to see if that will work to get the nailpolish off the comforter, like it worked to get the silver sharpie off our navy blue leather couch (yet another Sammy debacle). Robbie and I are seriously at our limit with this guy!

Krissy, consider any future stunts by Maria as her training to be able to handle Sam. I also completely understand if you want to renege on that betrothal! We might not want to babysit their grandchildren!!

2 comments:

Krissy A. said...

This was SO funny Liz, I had to read it out loud to Pete!!! (But seriously, you handle it way better than I would. The neighbors would have called CPS on me!) lol You're right about babysitting their children...perhaps we encourage them to be foreign missionaries. ;)

Lagartija said...

Well, I didn't handle it too well - and neither did Robbie! I was a little embarrassed because our neighbors had their family over- hope they didn't hear us yelling! It doesn't phase Sam for long though. He asked me, "You mad, mad mad, Mommy?" YES Sam, I mad mad mad! LOL Barbara was having this astonished moment of wonderment- she was like, Mommy, how can he keep thinking of these new ways to get in trouble, and it's like he doesn't realize it's a bad thing to do until he GETS into trouble??!! :)