Monday, June 6, 2011

Foiled again



Ever since I moved Leo's space-saver highchair seat onto the bench next to Sam, he has constantly been twisting around to reach back and touch the curtains with his messy hands! The curtains I sewed myself, which I have no desire to re-make, and which are a big pain to take out and wash. Each panel is individually held into the shuters on two thin little poles that pop into holes. The curtains were getting disgustingly FILTHY, full of spaghetti sauce and grime.


So you will understand why I am so happy with this solution- when I finally gave in and took the curtain panels down to wash, I knew that the second they were back up Leo would be back to his old tricks, so I came up with an idea. I always have lots of clear vinyl on hand, so I cut some rectangles to size and velcroed them on to the inside of the shutters, so that they cover the curtain panels. You can hardly tell!


Now I can just wipe them off, or if they're really bad, velcro them off to wash. So go ahead Leo, grime 'em up! Of course now that you don't have us telling you not to, you'll probably lose the pleasure of doing it! :)

No comments: