Monday, June 6, 2011

Good Haul!






I do the majority of clothes shopping for my kids at the resale shops, and I think it's so fun, to find cute stuff for a deal. In college I had the nickname of the Thrift store queen, because I could always pick through and find really cute stuff. A whole group of friends would always go thrift store shopping together. (Still love Goodwill!). I sometimes buy things new at Target or Kohls, but I have honestly NEVER shopped at Gymboree, Gap, Childrens Place, etc. Once or twice we've bought things at Carters or Oshkosh outlet. My kids still wear those brand names all the time, just used. :) I know a lot of people find awesome deals on the sales racks at those places, but I just don't like mall shopping and the idea of having to go around to all those stores with kids in tow makes me want to run away screaming. So I like going to my resale shop that has a play area, with my hubby, and picking through racks to find a variety of brands and styles. It fits my personality a lot better!

So here is our latest haul. I haven't done a massive trip for 2 years and we've been kind of getting by on that huge trip, plus uniforms and some other various things like holiday outfits, or birthday present outfits thrown in. They have a bunch of what I call "promotional" T-shirts (from events and freebies and such) and a few sports shorts and some other things that still fit.

So for Barbara we found: brown Union bay convertible shorts, Oshkosh jeans, orange Gymboree peasant top, yellow Gymboree swing tank with white flower, light blue sonoma top, light blue Gymboree swing tank with daisy, flowy purple top, orange old Navy dress (Robbie and I think it looks weird but she REALLY wanted to get it b/c it is comfy), lavendar Limited Too dressy outfit, Savannah pink embroidered top, Lands end (modest!) swimsuit.

She was SO excited about her new clothes, she told me she didn't think she'd be able to get to sleep the night before her field trip, she was so excited to wear one of her new outfits.

For Jimmy: Childrens Place khacki cargo shorts, chocolate brown cargo shorts, green and white polo, CP brown and white polo, urban pipeline blue and brown polo, bugle boy red and blue polo, monster jam t-shirt, sharks t-shirt, Gymboree swim shirt and matching suit, Bucks T-shirt, red sporty shorts, another sports shorts and T not pictured, and and Rawlings cleats.

We also found little navy crocs for Leo. They are really nice and squishy but I found out after they are actually knock offs- they feel and seems like the real thing. I looked up the brand "Doggers" and turns out CVS pharmacy sells them for a fraction of the price of real crocs. It's hard to find knock-offs that are as good, so I am going to head to CVS later and see if I can find some for Jimmy. The other kids already have some. For kids I think they are cute, there are much cuter things out there, but you can NOT beat them for ease of putting on (Sam can put them on himself - YAY), cleanability (wash in the sink or dishwasher!) and they are comfy and supportive for their feet. So for me they are a summer must-have.

So total for everything was still not cheap- $143 - but I think we got quite a lot for that money. I can't imagine buying 2 wardrobes worth of clothes at new prices!! (Little boys get the hand-me downs plus new stuff thrown in for b-day and christmas gifts)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: