Why is it that I can have many different friends, in different spheres of my life, and yet I still feel lonely, as though I never really quite connect in a meaningful way with most of them. Is this a universal experience, or am I really as weird as I imagine myself to be? I long for a "kindred spirit" (a female friend in particular) type of friend who would really KNOW me and who I would know thinks about things on a deeper level than just the day-to-day ocurrences of life. I used to have friends like this, but now they are A. nuns, B. live across the country and we don't talk as often as I'd like, or C. single/ without kids and our schedules don't match up very well to be able to be "close".
Where have all the good friends gone?
5 comments:
I totally know what you mean. It's weird how we can have all these lovely acquaintances but does anyone really know who are we are truly? I mean, you have Robbie ( I guess :) but you still want that girlfriend to call during the day to share some funny story or get together during the day to talk about your kids. I sympathize and also wonder where the good friends have gone...for me, they are mostly married or have gone to D.C. or foreign countries.
"Choose me. Pity me. Love me."
Don't get me wrong. I relate. I'm suffering similar friendship withdrawals... but whatcha gonna do, eh? I guess I just have a really negative reaction to dwelling on it. God giveth and God snatcheth away.
Mostly I wanted to know if other people actually felt the same way. I didn't think of it as dwelling. Since I now have a blog when I have random thoughts I put them on my blog. Maybe I will change this blog to be invite-only like Emily's so I can block out snotty people who quote Grey's Anatomy because they've forgotten to how to think for themselves. But then I'd only have like 2 readers left, and that would be sad.
I hope you know I'm (half) joking
ps. i STILL am not able to read emily's blog and i'm a little peeved. whoever is in charge...fix it.
I quoted Grey's to mock you two, lagarpreggers.
And KP, I just went to Em's page to add you... and realized I don't know what email address you use for blogger. So once you rectify that, dear cousin, I'll see that you're invited to Shabby Chic. Or you could just ask Em yourself...
Post a Comment