Monday, November 12, 2007

There's definitely a baby in there!

Robbie and I got to see the first ultrasound today. It is SO amazing to see your baby on the screen for the first time!! I just couldn't stop smiling looking at that tiny little bean squirming around, seeing the heart beating like crazy. It's even more amazing having Barbara and Jimmy and seeing what little characters they've turned into and knowing that this TINY little baby is going to turn out to be it's very own person who will forever impact the face of the earth in some way. Pretty awesome.

I've been starting to really FEEL pregnant this last week or two. I've been getting nauseous a lot, and sometimes feel SO tired it's like I can literally feel all the life being sucked out of me and into this new little being who's trying to become itself. For some strange reason, even though i took three pregnancy tests I still had this fear that I wasn't really pregnant. Probably because since having Jimmy I've had two episodes where I was convinced I was pregnant and I wasn't (turned out to be a result of the polycystic ovary syndrome). Seeing our baby on the ultrasound finally put those fears to rest and I'm just elated to know that everything is going just fine and we will have a new little one. Barbara and Jimmy are going to just LOVE having a new baby in the family!!

Speaking of Barbara and Jimmy, Barbara is now a full fledged reader. Last year she was sounding out three letter words and reading some easy readers, but now she is ALL about reading and reads real books. It's really cool to see her take off with it! And Jimmy, well Jimmy is....Jimmy! He is a pretty cool guy. He's really into letters and numbers and making up adding and subtraction problems (seriously!) and he is also all about Spanish. He'll be at the grocery store and ask, "Mommy can we get some yogurt? let's get the "azul y rojo". (Yes there was some nasty looking red and blue kids yogurt) He can be kind of draining because he is so energy demanding but he is so much fun!!!

O.K. those are my updates for today. Ciao for now.

1 comment:

Kay Pea said...

PS. i heard the kids love the one semester of spanish love song...thats awesome. I love it too...